We love our environment
Here at WOMAD NZ we are dedicated to looking after our beautiful natural environment. So we are always looking for new ways of working towards the goal of Zero Waste.
Some of our initiatives
- Todd Energy Zero Waste
- Separating waste streams
- Encouraging people to bring only reusable items to the festival
- Encouraging people to take non-recyclable items home with them
- Reusable bottles, globelets, coffee cups - no single-use items sold on-site
- TSB Wai Water stalls - to reduce plastic water bottles
- Setting standards for our food and stall holders to adhere to regarding packaging
Todd Energy Zero Waste
The Zero Waste philosophy is at the heart of everything we do. Todd Energy and WOMAD are both committed to ensuring this award-winning festival is not only an explosion of international culture, but also a leading example of environmental sustainability.Zero Waste >
Our classic WOMAD Globelets (reusable plastic cups) are available from all the bars on-site, and once you buy one just reuse it again and again - then take it home and keep using it! They last for ages!
Staying hydrated is important, so we offer reusable aluminium drink bottles, for sale at the TSB Wai Water stall. Our bottles a durable and high-quality, and are BPA free. Keep that lion topped up with fresh water from the Wai Water Refill Stations.
Get your reusable WOMAD keeper cup - these stylish cups are designed and made in NZ, they are 100% BPA free and non-toxic, the lid clips on so it's leakproof, standard size for cup-holders, and totally barista-friendly too! Oh and did we mention that they are designed to last for a lifetime?