We've had a few enquiries regarding a potential COVID - 19 case at WOMAD NZ 2020.
We’ve been on the phone with Health officials who have confirmed there has been no cases of people who have attended the festival and that the WOMAD festival management will be notified immediately if a case were to arise.
The Ministry of Health is encouraging anyone who is experiencing symptoms to self-isolate and call the dedicated Healthline number: 0800 358 5453 for more information on how to proceed.
How to minimise the risk of getting sick?
The most important thing to do is practice good hygiene.
- covering coughs and sneezes with disposable tissues or coughing/sneezing into your elbow
- disposing of used tissues appropriately in a bin
- washing hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and water and drying them thoroughly, or using hand sanitiser before eating or handling food
- after using the toilet
- after coughing, sneezing, blowing your nose or wiping children’s noses
- after touching public surfaces
- limiting alcohol and drug use (as this may affect your ability to adequately follow the advice above)
The measures above are especially important for people who have existing health conditions, such as those with diabetes, renal failure, chronic lung disease or who are immunocompromised.